Competence of the office
We can offer you a great and unique experience, gained over more than 10 years of work in one of the world leading international insurance group.
- Representation of the clients treating insurance disputes in court, the Ombudsman Institution of the Latvian Insurers Association, the Motor Insurers' Bureau of Latvia.
- Representation of the clients treating complaints relating to the activities of insurers, by the Consumer Rights Protection Center and the Financial and Capital Market Commission.
- Establishing and investigating the circumstances of insurance claims, as well as organizing the necessary expertise (car accident reconstruction, building, fire, technical, sound recording, accounting, polygraph (lie detector) and other expertise).
- Representation of the clients treating insurance regress claims.
- Drafting complaints, claim statements, explanations, pleadings and other procedural documents.
- The development of insurance rules, as well as in their analysis, the preparation of the necessary changes and agreeing them with the insurer.
- Consulting on common types of insurance: motor insurance (CASCO and compulsory liability insurance), property insurance, insurance of general civil liability, travel, cargo, accident and health.
- Consulting on complex and specific types of insurance: business interruption insurance, construction, customs and other guarantees insurance, insurance of public events (concerts, etc.), professional liability insurance of notaries, lawyers, doctors, etc.
Not all clients of the insurance companies know that the activities of insurance companies in Latvia is strictly regulated and overseen by the Financial and Capital Market Commission. In their activity insurers shall comply with a set of legal acts of the Republic of Latvia and the European Union, including the requirements of following laws:
- Consumer rights protection law;
- Unfair commercial practice prohibition law;
- Law „On insurance contract”;
- Compulsory Civil Liability Insurance of Owners of Motor Vehicles Law;
- Law „On insurance companies and supervision thereof”;
- Competition Law.
- prove any facts that would exempt it from the obligation to pay out insurance indemnity;
- decide on insurance indemnity, as well as pay out the insurance indemnity within the period specified in insurance contract or by law;
- on request of client provide copies of the file on the payment;
- treat the complaint and give the client a written response within the statutory period;
- ensure that the conditions of the insurance comply with the Consumer rights protection law, Law „On insurance contract” and Law „On insurance companies and supervision thereof”;
- ensure fair and open attitude to the client;
- ensure confidentiality, etc.
- refuse to pay out the insurance indemnity, without checking all available information about the insured event;
- refuse to pay out the insurance indemnity, if evidences of the insured event are received;
- refuse to pay out the insurance indemnity, if the insurer can not prove the existence of circumstances that would exempt the insurer from the obligation to pay indemnity;
- refuse to provide copies of the file on the payment, on which is based a denial of insurance claims;
- not to make a decision on payment within the period specified in insurance contract or by law, etc.